Monday, November 5, 2007

Lessons

Some days God chooses to teach you more about yourself than others, or perhaps it is rather we're more aware of it on some days. Nevertheless, today seemed to be one of those days. I learned that I "pfft" at way too many things way too fast. Even if I don't believe it in my heart, my head blows things off too quickly and in the ever-so-respectful way of verbally saying "pfft" aloud. Good times. Another good lesson of the day is to wear long sleeves whilst cooking; I got spat on by my dinner-in-the-making at least four times. Boo. God gave us mothers to teach us these things; if only I listened AND applied... Another lesson is that I can keep up with these business students if I pay attention in class. This might come to no surprise to many of you but for whatever reason I did not realize that I've been daydreaming for 90% of business lectures this year. Today went particularly well in accounting class and, I dare say, I had a good enough grasp on the topic of inventory that I could explain concepts to people who didn't understand.

I had lunch today with Rick Marcus & his wife. 'Twas good to have some *excellent* food and receive some encouragement and confirmation in ways the Lord has been revealing himself to me in the last little bit.

I took some time while studying accounting today in the library to pray for things tied to the Reinhardt Bonnke crusades. It was a pretty good prayer time; one of those where you feel like shouting "Yes Lord!" aloud at the end. I'm not sure if it means anything yet, but the first sentence that I had to read in my article after praying was, "As one accountant [William J. Vatter] so aptly noted, the credit manager's idea of heaven would probably be a place where everyone (eventually) paid his or her debts." There is so much work to be done in North America with people's concepts of heaven. Ironic statement though, eh?

I'm not a big fan of declaring a need for prayer online but I'd certainly appreciate being lifted up at this time; I need to make sure that I turn to Jesus first for comfort & encouragement at this busy and vital part of my life and I think of been a wee bit lax in this area for the last few weeks. Thanks in advance =)

No comments: