I am coming to the conclusion that I will never have enough time this year for all that I need to be doing. It is so frustrating to say that I cannot do something adequately because I didn't have enough time to prepare. I *hate* this. I heart how people's most encouraging words after something like that are "well it only gets worse." Yay team. North American society sucks sometimes. Boo.
2 comments:
Just wanted to reference your October 27th post, where you said "I'm too busy right now for xyz," is one of my most pet-peeved statements."
In light of that, why would you start today's post with "I am coming to the conclusion that I will never have enough time this year for all that I need to be doing."??
Hi Elliot,
Well for starters, I didn't say, "I'm too busy," today (it's this particular phrase that is said without offering further explanation or analysis that drives me bonkers)... I recognize that the concept of busyness highly reflects the matter of organizing priorities.
Busyness, to me, enters full force when the person is so entrenched in their own activities that they're not receptive to the needs of those who cross their path or to the Lord literally screaming right at them.
Our North American society admonishes us not to waste time but I declare WAR on this; I refuse to keep myself busy with all that the world tells me I "need" to do 24hrs/day 7 days/week; I WILL have quiet times with the Lord, be in prayer, and be open and available for the Lord to use me to speak with in spiritual conversations.
I just might be able to fit all of my school/work needs into my week but I choose instead to be available to the Lord and only complete those needs when He provides peace/prompting to do so. Naturally this creates a lot of conflict and I'm not a big fan of conflict (hence the "I hate... " statement from earlier today).
I think even when my timing decisions don't even directly effect people, they often get misconstrued that I look down upon people who having a million and one projects on the go. As long as you're available to the Lord in your million and one projects, as far as I'm concerned, that's just fine.
Hope that helps explain things better; I kind of wrote the original bit in a mad rush.
Post a Comment