Tuesday, July 31, 2007

T-21

So I only have a few more hours to cram in some more studying for my exam, so today's post will be a short one.

Today was a great day. God really ministered to me through some time spent talking with Brent (one of the pastors at Ridgeview) about challenges facing that congregation. I think we were both really blessed by having each other speak honestly about each other's functions in the body. w00t for good times :)

I also got to hear all about the Halifax National Project that C4C ran this summer. Ben Harrison, one of the student leaders for the project, came to visit our weekly Summer C4C meeting tonight and shared a lot of excitement and passion to continue praying boldly, putting our faith into action, and praising God for the results. I have been so encouraged by the stories of personal growth more than the number stories, but seeing as I'm keeping it short tonight, I'll stick with the numbers... stories will be added later. Promise. They're too good not to share. Anyhoo as for numbers, 11 people prayed to receive Christ in Halifax in the few weeks they were there. For the summer ministries collectively, the number stands between 250-300+. Praise God! This is very exciting news for our family :)

Well I am off to learn about technological advances and their effects on the work force. Today would be a good example of a time when you have to change gears from eternally-oriented to day-by-day oriented for a short period of time. Please pray that the excitement and passion that was fostered by todays activities would continue on through after my exam to my visit home with the fam.

No comments: