I have been considering starting a blog for a few weeks, but after learning some amazing things this weekend in Stratford that I really want to share with my world of friends and family, I think that now is the time to start. I'm sure it will be slow-going as I'm always seemingly balancing a plate that is very much full for a large portion of my time (a lot of this week will be spent blazing through my Industrial-Organizational Psychology textbook and getting my chops back in shape). I'm going to go and practise & read psych now, but over the course of the next week or so, I'll post up some exciting things I learned.
I'll end this first post by replicating an idea similar to what one of the guests this weekend shared... If I had showed up at my door five years ago with the ideologies I have now, I likely would have listened (everyone knows I rarely cannot not talk to a stranger) but in my little brain I would be envisioning throwing 'me' out the door; I know that conclusions I'm coming to now are not conclusions everyone can agree with or is ready to hear. Who knows, perhaps in five years time I will look back at some of my major viewpoints now and think that I was totally out to lunch -- I hope that it's not so, but still, I do recoginize that it could be, but, if I have gained 5% greater knowledge of Truth I wouldn't have come across before, it is worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment