Thursday, July 26, 2007

So I forgot to mention that yesterday while I was at work, I did a little reading into one of the consumer magazines. Turns out that you're not supposed to put potatoes in the refridgerator... something about ruining the taste. I've stored (different ones of course!) potatoes in the fridge for at least the last 6 months and have wondered why they tasted so strange. Guess now I know. The magazine also suggested not to put bread in the fridge because it sucks all of the moisture out of it (they suggested leaving some out and freezing the rest). I have also wondered why the bread was going stale so fast. 2 mysteries solved in one day; what are the chances!

Today I helped time-table another incoming MAS student with much more success than yesterday. Turns out this particular student lives close to where I do and was very familiar with other students and the Christian clubs on campus. w00t for more Jesus-lovers in the music faculty.

The following are pictures for Erin, to showcase that I haven't killed the plants... yet.
This is her cactus that is growing mini-cacti on top.
Her other plant... I think it is a fern... also not dead, and doing rather well.
The "praying-leaf" plant is having some sort of spiritual life crisis... The leaves no longer pray at night and look sad and droopy all day long.
This plant, I believe, I saved from an impending death by spider mites... It is now recovering. Hopefully one day it will flower again. Plants are no fun if there are no flowers when there're supposed to be, in my opinion. The African Violet is supposed to have pink flowers, not pink leaves... thoughts anybody?Our BLUE pool. Last year it was green. I don't know if Erin's ever seen it as blue.

A view of the "green" space from our balcony. The grass isn't so green right now but bread doesn't mould as fast *thumbs up*.

Well I hope you all enjoyed this little tour of "things that are green." Any photo requests for next time? Perhaps I will look for something to do with the big 2-1. Oh birthdays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Roomie,
The plants look awesome!! I hope things are well. Also, I think your african violet is getting a tad too much sun (it's a low light plant) try moving it into the window in your room.
laters alligators.