Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Music

So ever since I was first introduced to this piece a few days ago I can't get it out of my head. It's called "Eternal Vow" by Tan Dun, performed by Yo-Yo Ma and the Shanghai Symphony. It was used on the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon soundtrack, which I've never seen, but I might have to in order to add some visual excitement to this broken record going on in my brain.

I remember my orientation person when I came to Western saying that there were two seasons in London, Winter and Construction. Every "summer", the city of London seems to take it to a whole new level... perhaps it's just getting more focussed around campus... who knows. Right now though, there's a new biology/biodorm building going up, the new gym facilities being constructed as well, random pieces of sidewalks you can't go on because they're being redone, you don't even want to know what Western Road looks like, the walkway (part of my favourite running trail!) under the Thames Bridge is inaccessible due to some digging project, and the apartment building next store is getting some sort of Extreme Makeover on the outside involving jack-hammering all of the balconies off. Oh joy! The construction is not so much as a problem, it's just surprising how many projects have infiltrated my little 5-km bubble.

Well as per normal it seems, I'm off to do some more psych readings. Today will be all about setting goals in the workplace. Yippee :)

No comments: