Monday, July 23, 2007

Fridge Adventures

So today as I was waiting for my soup to heat up for lunch, I thought it'd be a good idea to clean out the fridge seeing as I've been away for a few days, and couldn't remember all to well what was in there. A pretty little surprise awaited me in my vegetable drawer... I think I have only ever bought mushrooms twice since living here but nonetheless, I managed to somehow keep a package of sliced ones in the back of the drawer. Let's just say it looked a little black and soupy...

I officially only have 60 more pages of textbook reading for my I/O Psych course. Hallelujah. I seriously very much dislike textbook reading... only a few more years left of it and then hopefully some enjoyment for reading will return after a 10-year hiadus.

OK so on with something cool I learned this weekend... let's start with Luke 12:25-32
Has anyone by fussing before the mirror ever gotten taller by so much as an inch? If fussing can't even do that, why fuss at all? Walk into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They don't fuss with their apperance--but have you evern seen colour and design quite like it? The best-dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them. If God gives such attention to the wildflowers, most of them never even seen, don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you?
What I'm trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don't be afraid of missing out. You're my dear friends! The father wants to give you the very kingdom itself.
In many of today's North American church organizations, soooo much emphasis is put on "getting it right" for the Sunday services... I've been a part of that staff and it is tedious and taxing work. It is done with good intentions; to give God our best, but I think the principle of relaxing is often not met in this process. His yolk is easy and His burden is light. In preparing a showy-Sunday service, we are truly missing out on the way God works... Jesus never replicated how He healed blind people... why do we expect Him to use the same program to reach people from week-to-week?

More on this later, but I must literally scoot off to work now.

No comments: