Saturday, July 28, 2007

New ideas, new people.

So after explaining again tonight why I don't feel so comfortable in the traditional churches so much anymore, God was kind enough to pass this word along...

Matthew 5 (The Message... sorry for making some of you cringe, but it's my pocket bible and I like it, at least for now. I go through phases... anyhoo, going on...)

"Count yourselves blessed every time people put you down or throw you out or speak lies about you to discredit me [Jesus]. What it means is that truth is too close for comfort and they are uncomfortable. You can be glad when that happens--give a cheer, even!--for though they don't like it, I do! And all heaven applauds. And know that you are in good company."

Now if that had been the only piece of encouragement I thought I was getting that my feelings to leave the traditional church is justified, I'd still probably be a little iffy. But I just got an e-mail from a house fellowship here in London! Praise the Lord! (for those of you who don't know, I've been waiting for one for just over a year now). This was the e-mail... it exited me very much...

Hi! Heather,
We are a small group meeting at ... every Sunday at 10 am and every Wed. At 7pm. The Holy Spirit is a special guest
[in my e-mail I had asked if they'd like a visitor, i.e. me, sometime] at waiting to receive us at every meeting and so the agenda is set by Holy spirit who has a tendency to surprise us at each meeting. You are VERY welcome as this is God's house of prayer and Worship. So please feel very welcome to worship and pray and praise with us as you return to school. You can call us at ....
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Aileen, Pastor


So I'm excited, but also still a little weary (sp? I know this is probably wrong Judy...). The "God's house" and "Pastor" comments kind of tip me off as to thinking this is probably not 100% what I'm looking for, but there's probably no harm in trying... Anyone interested in tagging along for at least a day? I'm thinking it'd be not so wise to just go into a stranger's home without knowing them. They're kind of near you Mandy by the looks of it (i.e. potential sketch-town).

Exciting stuff though. Perhaps more good fellowship times in L-dot are just around the corner.

Catch ya later,

Heather

No comments: