Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm bored, so I'm assuming you're bored too

I thought I'd share these video links for everyone who's reading this to avoid something / kill some time. They're all generally music-related, so sorry if they don't make sense to all of you. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ROO8Z3Qlg
The story behind this is a fun one. It starts with a girl who was so frustrated with the male race that her and her entire household made "boyfriend applications" for all the guys that dared to go there. On them were the type of questions one would expect (if one can "expect" certain items to be on a boyfriend application) followed by some insurmountable feats like writing and performing Backstreet Boys' hits using only the lyrics found in the book of Psalms. Needless to say being the only female behind the creation of this video was priceless. I'm happy to report that the girl and guy (the one who does the winking) are now engaged. w00t!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BujoOxjB3b4
One day I will do this... I swear...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upx7XVrOE-c
And perform like this... Kudos to Erich in Vienna for this one. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzc4MX5ozT8
Sometimes I am convinced other bassoon players have more thumbs than I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gXh83hNnWw
Ever wonder what the bassoons are doing at Oberlin?... well thanks to You Tube, we now know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfrKqFp0Zg
Apparently, I need to work on my breathing issues or I will fall by the wasteside to performers like this.

And one churchy one for the non-music folk...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM5UlXXRuT8
The Evangelism Linebacker. A classic. You can't help yourself but laugh. It's just impossible.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a blogging machine.

How do you find time to write all that stuff?!

Heather said...

Which Mike is this? There are more than one of you in the world...