Sunday, July 29, 2007

Accomplishments Shmaccomplishments

So this morning I wrote that I was going to:
  • go for a run
  • finally install the blinds in my room
  • study
  • grocery shop

And what did I do? Went grocery shopping (this was despirately needed), read approximately four pages of union/management relations (I was supposed to read 30), did not go for a run because I thought it was too hot, and finally did not install my blinds because I ran out of time. So what did I fill all of my time with? That is a very good question. A lot of time was spent preparing a Campus Crusade for Christ e-mail about the upcoming Summerit (a time for all C4Cers at Western to take a vacation together) at Port Franks, as well as another letter for Ben Heppner's publicist (he's coming to London in September and I'm trying to arrange some sort of rendez-vous with him and some Christian music students in the faculty). If you don't know who Ben Heppner is, basically he's the Pavorotti of Canadian opera (http://www.benheppner.com/). And, cooly enough, he's also a Christian really involved with missions *thumbs up*. FYI, a visit by Eduard Klassen is also in the works (http://www.eduardklassen.com/). He's a harpist in the Stratford area who has worked out a neat system of using his performing abilities for bring people closer to Jesus. How cool is that!?! Also still waiting on Ben Joliffe to work out something with Kelvin Enns, a violist in Orchestra London... this one doesn't look as promising as the other two though :(

In other exciting grocery-related news, I've discovered that www.grocerycheckout.com is a MUCH cheaper and more convenient way to buy groceries. I used them last time because I needed a lot of heavy stuff that I just cannot walk with for 1/2 hr to and from the bus stop. Today, partially because I wanted to get out of the apartment, I went to Valu-Mart and got my groceries. I then went online and pretended to fake-order the exact same stuff, and turns out that it is cheaper (about $6 on a $40 bill). There were a few things that they didn't have which is the only down side as far as I can see it (a small container of feta cheese, soya bread, small bbq steak, soya oil, small plain yogurts). 'Twas exciting to use them last time though because all of the frozen stuff stayed frozen, I didn't have to carry anything, and the bananas made it without ANY bruises.

Anyhoo, I'm sure that is enough boring insight into the life of Heather. Back to I/O psych :(

No comments: