Sadly no one attempted to steal a chocolate bar today. I think this was largely due to the staff-people on campus ratio of about 1:4. My five hour shift was spent doing fun, time-consuming activities such as cleaning the microwave, stocking the ice cream freezer (which is a very cold job but also very fun because it takes up a lot of time that might have had to have been spent dusting), cleaning the inside and outside of the cooler doors, and re-stacking the lottery papers. Unfortunately all of these activities still left for about 2 1/2 hours of circulating the store whilst trying to look industrious -- not one of my fortes. Anyhow, it another day another dollar and really it could have been much worse.
Tonight's movie of choice was Tristan and Isolde (2006). Considering the strength of the storyline (merci Wagner for his great opera from which this rendition of the tale is based) and acting I am surprised that it didn't receive better reviews. The background music left much to be desired but that's the only thing that seemed to stick out to me (in the composer's defense though, as if someone could score Tristan and Isolde for 2006 and be considered anything above adequate). Anyhoo, all in all a good movie but, surprise, surprise, I think it will always be better as an opera to me.
Well I think I've successfully made myself stay up late enough... I was feeling like it was around 10pm around 4:30 (yes I'm still sick), so I've really been putting this sleeping business off as long as possible. Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment