Monday, June 1, 2009

Heather Enters the Purple Palace

Back to the blog.

A lot of people have asked where the blog has been and why not start up again? I took a break to refrain from complaining about work when that's all I was doing (it was a great job though; don't get me wrong). Now that I'm back in school and having fun adventures with Lenny, I thought it'd be a good time to resume.

I moved into my new apartment on Sunday. It is considerably cheaper than where I've been living and therefore should help the good ol' budget line as I return to school as a student. I plan on staying until at least the end of December at which point I will either move or get another roommate (my current one, who is away planting trees until September, will be graduating and leaving in December). It's a lot closer to the downtown core than any of my previous living arrangements which will be most welcome. It is a little further away from campus and actually my first place not within walking distance of class. Should be interesting... I will be getting a free bus pass with my tuition in September though so that will be nice. Anyhoo, on with the pictures!

This is the Purple Palace. aka my new bedroom. I most definitely did not choose this purple-y colour and am kind of hoping the landlord will paint it beige. The purple does get less disgusting with time though believe it or not. [click on the pictures to make them bigger]Today I decided to tidy up the storage closet so that I could put my boxes & suit cases in there as I emptied them (I came to this conclusion only after tripping over empty suitcases several times...). Above are the before and after pictures! I'll have to put another pic up on the blog with all my stuff in it at a later date; it's already filling up quite quickly though.

Before #1

Before #2
After #1
After #2

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to post some more pictures. I do have a lot of school work to catch up on- reading four chapters of accounting by Wednesday (about 250 pages); six chapters of economics by Tuesday night - HA! (about 400 pages); about 10-15 hours of global music by Wednesday night (eeeks); and as much time as I can manage to prepare for my Operations Management exam on Friday... All this while trying to unpack and clean the dirtiest place I've ever moved into. G-ross.

All things considered though, I'm extremely happy! The move went sooo well (Lenny & Dad to the rescue!) and life, while busy, is finally heading where I've wanted it to be going for so many years. w00t!

In the near future I'm planning on sharing a bit more about my current and on-the-horizon school situation, introduce you all to Lenny (the coolest bean you ever did meet), and post some more pictures of my updated apartment. Ciao for now! Must enjoy my new muchos quieter apartment for some sleepy time.

No comments: