Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Adventures in the Purple Palace continued

Day two was considerably more busy than Day one. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have class in the early morning and late at night; way more time at school/traveling = less cleaning :( . I promised myself that I would start studying for my midterm on Friday but I don't even really have a place to sit without experiencing massive amounts of clutter within two feet of me.... Moving while overloading at school is a BAD idea. Bad.

On the positive side of things, I was able to get up one bookshelf and make considerable progress on the other, nearly completed everything for my music course (it makes me the most frustrated so I try to get it out of the way as fast as I can), cleaned the dishwasher followed by all of my new dishes & cutlery (thanks to mom and dad!), and two of three meals. woo! Got to take pride in the little successes here. If only there were about 100 more hours in the day.

Here are some pictures to keep you entertained as promised, then I'm off to finish the bookshelf so I can have a sort of tidy living room. ugh. Anybody want to come help clean / build furniture ;) ???

Lenny made some great chicken last night for dinner. He's been a great help getting settled in considering he's in the process of packing to leave on Saturday and sorting out lots of grad school stuff.
Yesterday when I was cleaning the cupboards I found an antique onion... Well actually there were two but this is the "best" one.


Lenny and I went to dispose of an old gross moldy chair on the balcony but when we moved it, we discovered a papa pigeon and mama pigeon who was roosting eggs... Guess the moving will have to wait.

Well I'm off to finish the bookshelf. Ciao!

No comments: