Monday, June 15, 2009

Well there's been a whirlwind of events since the last post so I'm going to stick to some bullets:

Thursday
  • Lenny had his convocation and I studied. I couldn't attend because each person only gets two tickets. With an exam on Saturday and Monday though, the extra study time was welcome. I was still able to see him in his gown and take some photos though before he had to turn it back in. I'm really excited that Prof. McKay had the Convocation Brass play the theme from Indiana Jones as the recessional. This is Lenny's favourite piece / ring tone and I kind of wonder if he knew that? ;)
  • Did massive amounts of cleaning. One day's cleaning garbage:
  • Went out for a Fantastic dinner with his mom and brother at Bertoldi's. Can't go wrong - I love this restaurant.
  • Drove back with the fam to Toronto. Unfortunately I was really pooped and couldn't really fall asleep. It seemed like the longest car ride to Toronto ever but nevertheless wasn't terribly bad.
Friday
  • Lenny and his brother were at work all day and his mom was out running errands so I got a lot of studying done (much needed!). I even made it out for a run. Thankfully the whole area is as flat as a pancake; a welcome change!
  • Friday night everyone was gone so it was just me and Lenny. We had some dinner with his half-sister (yay BBQ!) and then I studied some more while Lenny read up on papers for a project a work.
Saturday
  • Saturday I wrote my music exam online at 10am. I have a big pet peeve with poorly written exams. Ugh. Must discuss later.
  • Anyhow the rest of the day was filled with, you guessed it, more studying for me. Lenny and I met up with his best friend since kindergarten for dinner and went out for some more excellent Italian food and ice cream
Sunday
  • Blah blah studying blah blah travel back to London. Not exciting. Did go to an Italian bakery for some fresh bread though - a very nice place ;)
Monday / Today
  • Studied a lot for my economics exam which I wrote at 4:30pm. Got a 62 which is pretty consistent with my marks for that course. Woo pass!
  • Tackled the installation of curtains:

  • and my staircase necklace holder thingy. What a joy this thing is to put up.
Well now it seems very late and I am pooped. Hope you enjoyed all these updates!

No comments: