So perhaps blogs are for when you have a lot of things to think about and just don't want to think about them in the same manner anymore. Here is a digest of my past few thoughts.
Room bookings. Scheduling classes, rehearsals, etc. for the FOM is a logistical nightmare: not enough suitable spaces for the demand. I've tried my best to improve the system whilst I was thrown the job as the normal person was away but, alas, there is only so much a gal can do and only so many times a person can say "How could you be so STUPID to think that you're going to be able to find a room to rehearse today, being a Monday, evening. Don't you know there are 1001 masterclasses at this time and every single room is taken" inside your head to an unsuspecting faculty member. Arg. Thankfully though, the person I had taken this job over for is now back full time more-or-less, so I should never have to think this again. Here's hoping. :S
Faculty members. Who knew there was sooooo much in-fighting? Actually there is extremely little of it to be honest so when it does happen (like yesterday when someone informed me that they were not to be seated with someone else), it catches me really off guard and I come off as looking like a shocked youngin'. Not exactly the look I'm going for these days.
Speaking of being caught off guard, today I caught myself off guard as I agreed to go out on yet another date with someone time has told me is less than ideal. It's one of those tricky situations where part of you tells yourself that you should know better but another part says give the guy a chance; people change (see previous post) vs people do not change. Seems to be the question of the week.
The big weekend is coming up. For those of you whom I do not talk to regularly, I've become the main organizer for our faculty's 40th anniversary. This involves coordinating about 1000 people visiting and participating in activities this Friday and Saturday. I feel surprisingly prepared but am quite sure this is just the calm before the storm. Weeks and weeks of preparation are finally coming together, under budget at that, for a weekend that will hopefully start paving the way to a career that either starts here at the faculty or starts because of a connection made to the oodles of successful grads coming to visit. Here's for hoping I haven't forgot anything big.
Well I think I'm going to hit the sack and enjoy the after effect of having written some of my thoughts out here.
No comments:
Post a Comment