Saturday, June 6, 2009

I can see! I can see!

The kitchen counters and the kitchen table! I also discovered why the cupboard under the kitchen sink smelled so bad -- the drainage pipe leaks (like a LOT) into the bottom cupboard. I put a bowl down there for now and bleached the crap out of all the grossness down there, but I will definitely have to get that attended to by the landlord. Between my constantly running toilet and the kitchen sink I'm sure my new landlord is loving me oodles right now! PS I'm also starting to wonder how someone can live with these problems for such an extended period of time and not get them fixed?!?

Anyhoo, here are some pictures from today's successes (click to enlarge):

Le kitchen avec un microwave that doesn't work at all; well it does work as a clock but that's it. Debating taking it to the microwave/tv repair shop across the street b/c, hey, it's there, but I dunno it's been a fun challenge to live without a microwave.
The kitchen table!!! SO exciting! I still need to vacuum, but I think I will definitely eat something there tomorrow.

You've probably noticed that there's not a whole lot of storage in this kitchen so my crate-creation has made a comeback. I'm thinking about perhaps investing in some sort of pantry thing but we'll see what happens when the other roomie comes back in September maybe.
A special shout out to Lenny who's moved backed to Toronto for the summer. I will see him on Thursday though for convocation so it doesn't seem so bad at all!

Night night everyone.

No comments: