Monday, March 3, 2008

Yet Another Epic Car Trip For Heather

Well as can probably be expected, my tight schedule didn't work out 100%. First of all, I/David didn't budget enough time to get to the house fellowship so my estimated 10:30 arrival time became 11:30. I also left their place kind of late as well and made it to the rehearsal with 5 minutes to spare (soooooo not enough time to set up two instruments). Thankfully, the entire orchestra was running slow and we didn't start until 10 after. Sweeeeeeeeeeet deal :). After the concert Elena and I left in good time and made it about 6km away from Woodstock when I realized that I didn't have my garment bag with me. Now normally I just would have continued on and would just pick it up at the next rehearsal but I couldn't do that because my recital is tomorrow night (plug #100000) and I really wanted to wear some of it (it's a business suit). 1 1/4 hours later I arrive back at the Royal Botanical Gardens only to discover that it is not where I left it. I call Professor McKay (the conductor) to get the phone numbers of people who may have taken it. Four very expensive long distance cell phone calls later, I reach someone who not only knows where they are (a church where we rehearse) but also has a key. By this time he is 20min away from the church and I am only 5 so I drove to the church to wait. Luckily enough, another person with a key shows up and I am able to retrieve my garment bag, call the other guy (who is like 2 min away at this time) and race back to London. I arrived back in London at 8:55, just in time for my 9:00 rehearsal only to discover that Jordan is not there. Seeing as I usually/always remind him about our changing rehearsal times and I didn't, I felt pretty when I called to see where he was and he said he wasn't sure we had rehearsal. Back in the car I go; zip over to his place; both of us were ready to play by like 9:12. Craziness. My rehearsal at 10:30, became more like 10:45, so we didn't finish until about 12:15. Throw in the fact that I had to get gas & return the car, and you now all know why I am going to bed at 2 the day before my recital. Good times :S...

Anyhoo, I hope I see some of you tomorrow; it should be a good show!

P.S. I am getting a video recording of this so providing I am not to embarrassed by how I play, I should be able to share it with you all in a few weeks (when the DVD makes its way back to me). Nighty night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like it is a good thing you didn't have to come back by here to pick David up eh??? = ) All's well that ends well, they say...

Osbert Parsley said...

Good luck! I'll be there tonight at 8:00.