Rad Zadero (sp?) also "randomly" was able to make it down today from Mississauga. For those of you that have heard me talk about the Pagan Christianity church history book I've recently started reading, Rad is the guy that introduced me to it well over a year ago now & I haven't seen or heard from him since. Coincidence that the same week I start reading the book & our paths cross? I think not.

The group's conversation led me to ask some questions that I've developed from the first 46 pages and seek some answers. One particular example is why would God allow for His people to remain in the "bondage of traditional churches" (if it is such) for so long? I was pointed towards Exodus when the Israelites were slaves for 400 years. That number of 400 years never really sunk in for me... it is a really long time. Anyhoo, furthermore, God did not bring them out of slavery until they cried out for change. And when God finally did bring them out & there was change, so many of them missed the leeks, onions, & garlic of Egypt that they wanted to stop stepping out into uncharted territory and head back to their comfortable bondage (in case you haven't experienced it yet, you'll find house church groups not quite as "comfortable" as traditional churches... you're spiritual life is much more exposed). It was also shared that when you look back, as the Israelites & so many people who have left church buildings to "be the church" did/do, you start plowing crooked rows because you're no longer fixed forward, on Jesus. Wow.
I really think that the Church in this part of the world is on the cusp of a crossroads where so many are crying out and being individually shown what God wants His church to be. It is radical thinking, but at the same time it has been around for thousands of years. Uncharted territory is scary, and sure you could be heading in the "wrong" direction, but with the Lord guiding & leading, would you really want to be anywhere else?
No comments:
Post a Comment