Yesterday I spent close to six hours at Weldon with my Finance textbook, so there's not too much by way of interesting news that way.
Today Fil & I journeyed to Burlington for a Christmas Concert with Symphony Hamilton at the Royal Botannical Gardens. Despite the poor weather, we made excellent time and managed to not drive off the road or into any oncoming vehicles.
I took a bit of time to do some exploring between the "sound check" and the concert and the RBG really is quite a beautiful place -- and I'm not really all that much of a nature lover. There was this one room with a nifty arrangment of 125-ish pointsettias in the formation of a Christmas tree (vertically stacked on each other somehow). It also had the biggest Christmas cacti I've ever seen. I found this kinda cool as my family has a Christmas cactus that has been passed down through the generations (from what I understand-- mom, you made need to correct me on this) and I often think about my family when I'm performing. This is what a Christmas cactus looks like for those of you who don't know:

So pretty!
In keeping with this week's theme of finding the peace of Christ in busy situations, watch this video if you have the time. Andrew (from the house fellowship; Joia's brother -- there's a link to her blog on the right hand side) sent this to me and really reaffirms some of my more recent perceptions on busy-ness.
Ok... early to bed, early to rise! Nighty night!
No comments:
Post a Comment