I've had too much time to think again today and I'm presently entertaining changing my career/future path again.
Business-Related Schooling Options:
I am too far in to drop this option entirely, I've decided, although theoretically I suppose this is an option.
1. If I don't do an internship, I can graduate with a B. Arts with an Honours Specialization in Music Administrative studies at the end of next year.
PROS: staying in an area I love, gives me something to fall back on if I ever want/have to stop playing as my main career, get to stay at Western for 1 more year (I LOVE it here!); gets me pursuing a Masters in Music faster (the younger, the better in a sense); don't have to go through the hassle of creating an internship for myself; allows me time/ opportunity to do summer playing programmes
CONS: putting myself at great risk for living in a box; have to take more nasty intermediate finance courses; likely restricts my business prospects to music only related jobs; no internship=staying in debt=no car
2. Don't do an internship, graduate with a Bachelor of Management and Organizational Studies, Honours Specialization in Management & Human Resources, in 1.5 years (1 yr and 1 semester... might be able to be 1 yr + summer... not 100% sure)
PROS: gives me something to fall back on if I ever want/have to stop doing anything music-related as my main career, get to stay at Western for even longer!; don't have to go through the hassle of creating an internship for myself; preparing myself for a brighter financial future; don't have to take any more nasty accounting courses (HR stuff all the way!)
CONS: no internship=staying in debt=no car for a wee bit longer; I might always wonder "what if I spent more energy on music"; could leave music altogether and be bitter about that; it would be a stressful next 1.5 years cramming in all these extra courses
3. Do an internship, graduate with either the BMOS or the BA depending on if I take courses while I work & in the summer
PROS: gives me something to fall back on if I ever want/have to stop doing anything music-related as my main career, get to stay at Western for even longer (2 years!); preparing myself for a brighter financial future big-time; BREAK FROM CLASSES (I have done summer school for 2 summers now, which means I've been in school non-stop for way too long); money & money now = reduced debt = car = money for a masters = new friends = new city (potential)
CONS: 2 more years at Western is a long time... this would mean 6 in total; might have to spend 1.5 years away from all my Western buds; have to go through the hassle of creating an internship; I might always wonder "what if I spent more energy on music"; could leave music altogether and be bitter about that at a later date
Thoughts on which option you like best? Pros & Cons I missed out? I WANT THEM!!!!!!!! Don't shy away people!!! Post, post, post!
2 comments:
I don't think being bitter should be a problem, God provides for us to be better, not bitter, it's a choice, Choose BETTER. Not much help I suppose... Debt reduction is highly recommended from here as you know... = ) Just live indebted to "love one another". Which option will give you peace and joy? Enjoying Jesus is much more important, profitable and fulfilling than any money or career advancement considerations, right?? Sorry for the sermonette, I don't mean it to be...
Not too sermonette at all! Thank you SO much for some more things to think about.
Surely more people have some ideas!?! Post! Post! Post!
Post a Comment