I got a lot accomplished on this, my first day of nearly a month of holidays :-D
This morning I trekked to the gym, in the lovely rain that lasted all day, and discovered that although it is uncomfortable to run or walk, the elliptical and bike work just fine. This was fairly relieving & I feel *so* good having finally done some more focused exercising that isn't speed walking from one place to the next.
After the gym I finally got my anti-virus software problem sorted out. Just like I have for the last three years, I purchased the university-endorsed anti-virus programme this summer to use for the school year. This year however, my subscription expired on Dec. 1.... so yes, up until today, I was going firewall [my Windows Firewall was off too, I discovered today :S] & virus protection-free. Turns out the company gave out the wrong verification codes to the university causing many others like myself to have this problem. After reinstalling it with the new code, updating my protection, and then scanning through all my files, I only had 32 cookies and 0 viruses. Yay :P
Speaking of cookies, I went on a bit of a baking splurge this afternoon. I made some biscuit dough so I could make a pizza (finishing of veggies in the fridge), shortbread cookies (SO good & I didn't burn any :D), & green dessert. Green dessert is something that my grandmother used to make, particularly for holidays, that has become the pinnacle Christmas dessert for all Hurrell's. It involves a crushed chocolate wafer + butter bottom topped with lime jello, extra sugar, and condensed milk. I'm really excited to see if it works out properly (it takes about a whole day to set) but I will have to wait until tomorrow.
Tomorrow I'll be starting my Christmas shopping & getting my hair done for the first time since August (at least I think it was August).
No comments:
Post a Comment