Sunday, July 24, 2011

A surprise birthday party

This weekend Lenny and I went up to Mildmay for Mark (his stepdad)'s family reunion. It was pretty hot outside but the air conditioning inside the house was oh-so-awesome. In addition to the wonderful food, mingling, and A/C, I was also surprised with a wonderful birthday lunch today! You never know when the next time everyone in the family is able to get together, so this worked out well for everyone and Totally caught me off guard. :) Here are some pictures from today, courtesy of Alanah,  as I forgot my camera yesterday for the reunion.

25?!?!?! Holy caboodles. How did I get this old? 

"Aww man!" :)



"Ahhhh!" -- Alannah caught some pretty precious moments here.

That's better :)

Making a wish! I think I'm still in a bit of shock that there's a birthday party here.

"Yay!"

Reading the cute sauce cards :)

I like this informal pic. It's too cute :)

This one's nice too :)

Showcasing a funny doggy card

Chocolate Scrabble. Nom nom nom! Note Lenny's awesome expression here too. :)


And finally Nico (Alannah's boyfriend) trying out the chocolate fountain for the first time. What a fun way to celebrate!

Thanks again to everyone in Lenny's family -- you guys have made me feel so included and loved and I couldn't ask for anything better.

No comments: