Monday, July 11, 2011

Warrior Dash

This weekend Lenny and I trekked up to Orillia to participate in the first ever Canadian Warrior Dash. This 5km race involved getting very very very muddy, jumping over cars, doing "high knees" through a stretch of mismatched tires, climbing up and down 3 ski hills, jumping over burning hurdles of fire, and did I mention getting muddy? Here are some of my favourite pics of the race.
Some of the many excellent warrior-themed costumes

They had a jumbo tron live streaming video of one obstacle where the participants were crawling in mud under some barbed wire.

Lenny with one of his friends, Jodi, also participating in the race. They got these free hats for signing up :)
The fire hurdles as demonstrated by another one of Len's friends that were doing the race (Mike). You can see another climbing obstacle in the background.
The team of researchers from London that were in the same wave as Lenny.

A very muddy Lenny & Jodi at the end of the race.




A close-up of just how muddy Lenny got.


Each participant got some warrior food and a free beer when they finished. Here's a pic of Lenny's turkey leg :)
This was the pile of muddy sneakers to be donated mid way through the day. It got much bigger after the other 5000 participants went through the course.

All-in-all it was a supremely well-organized event. I wanted to watch Lenny do it this year to determine whether or not I could sign up to do it next year, but after seeing this I think it's not for me... I value being clean and not being challenged this much in my exercise. Alas, I will go again to watch Lenny have the hugest of grins on his face as he gets muddy muddy muddy! Seeing the outfits was also quite amusing...perhaps next time I'll get an outfit together for Lenny and his friends and maybe even Dakota (the family dog)!

No comments: