Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Feeling Hot Hot Hot

Leave it to Lenny to figure out how I"m supposed to survive this 37 degree plus humidity weather. Last night I came home feeling quite lousy with a large headache I'd had since the early afternoon. Despite drinking an abnormally high amount of 2 1/2 litres of water over the course of my time at air conditioned work, he force fed more more liquids (that include juice though -- yum! -- what a treat!) and ordered some pizza (also a treat! yum!). I think the pizza/salt in all that delicious meat and cheese really helped to perk me up for a bit but after an hour or so I was back to my big ol' headache.  After he got back from a 22km bike ride and 3km run (seriously!) he made me lie down upstairs and bed and lo and behold, I fell asleep at 7 pm... and am waking up now at 7 am... Lenny does know best. I feel so much better this morning.

As for other news, my mom's surgery on Monday went really really well. She says the pain was less than a root canal and seems to be in really great spirits. How great are drugs these days?! I think the entire family is supremely relieved that everything went well.

A blogger that I've been following since before she had children probably five years ago, had her third healthy child on Sunday. Many of you have heard me talk about Wendi at some point or another and her incredible journey of infertility, adoption, and surprise unaided pregnancy after nearly 10 years of infertility treatments. Hop over to http://flakymn.blogspot.com/ to see baby Abigail.

My new job has been going well. So far this week I've attended some training on PeopleSoft, played musical students within different teacher's studios trying to balance everything out, and have answered about a gajillion e-mails.

Well that's about it for news. I've got to go take out the garbage and recycling now as Lenny forgot to last night during my 12-hour sleep... :)

No comments: