Sunday, January 1, 2012

January

It's hard to believe it's January when I just took the garbage out only wearing a t-shirt on top. It was snowing, but it melted as soon as it hit the ground.

I'd upload some pictures, but the camera cable is in the car so that will have to wait until another day.

All in all the holidays went really well. I've been suffering from the flu since Boxing Day. It's definitely been no fun but it has encouraged me to enjoy the relaxing part of having holidays. Sally has been getting lots of cuddles and Lenny has been very good about picking up some extra housework. Tonight he made a delicious slow cooker curry - yum!

Today I was able to rearrange the kitchen a little bit to make room for a new cupcake transporter (thank you Paula and Mike), a new Tassimo coffee maker (thank you Silvana and Mark), and a new Kitchen Aid Mixer (thank you to Mom & Dad!). There still needs to be further juggling to get everything into their new homes, but I think it's going to work.

I was also able to find room for a stack of chocolate boxes (YUM!), some vino (YUM!), the largest bag of flour you ever did see, enough wonderful smelling body lotion/shower gel/shampoo/bath salts to last me the year (incredibly grateful), and some fantastic knitting books. It's been difficult to know where to start and what to do: there are so many wonderful gifts that I will enjoy.

Sally got a New Year's bath today and is smelling quite lovely. She has thoroughly enjoyed one of about 12 candy cane compressed dog bone treats as well as some gifted Beggin' Strips. She will also get to enjoy some milk bones (both soft and hard), Denta Sticks, Iams dog food, and a new favourite stuffed squeaky toy. She got so much stimulation over the holidays though that she's nearly slept the entire day despite coaxing her with toys and excited voices. She was alert for her two walks though and did eat all of her food so we're not too worried.

Well that's all I can think of for now. It was great to spend time with family and spend some more relaxed time with Lenny. Here's to a wonderful 2012 for everyone!

No comments: