December 22! Hard to believe it is almost Christmas when it is still getting so warm during the day. Today Lenny and I installed some plastic film on our windows. Unfortunately our front window is 7 feet long, not 6 feet like the length of the patio door film I bought. Ah well. Worked out in the end because when we went to Canadian Tire to pick up the XL patio door kit, the price it rung up as was something like $22 instead of the $18 advertised. One stop to customer service later, and we ended up paying $8 for it (their SCOP is $10 off a purchase of $10 or more if the price advertised is lower than the price it rings up as). Gotta love saving $10 when you're counting every dollar! :)
This afternoon, Lenny was able to come home early from work because all of his experiments are in a dormant state for the holidays. When he got back, he asked where Marshall, one of the geckos, was... Good question? Not in the container? Not in the other container? Not in any of the present bags that are currently pretty close to the terrariums? OMG!!! WHERE IS THE GECKO! Lenny figured he wouldn't have gone very far from the fire place because that's the warmest place, so I started investigating the area. Lucky for me - I was the one who found him under the couch! One loooooooooud shreak later, Lenny rescued the gecko and put him back in his home.
Enticing Marshall away from the fire place with the spoon that feeds him, literally.
Creeeeeeeeeeepers. Lenny asks why I'm afraid of the geckos, and that fuzzy frozen little field mouse I found in the car last week. I tell him it's a girl thing, and it's not logical, but for goodness sake, please just feed the feeling by handling these guys at all times.
Lenny inspecting Marshall to see if he broke any limbs or ribs in the approximate 1.5 metre fall. Rest assured this little guy is as strong as ever.
I can't leave this blog thinking about those geckos, so here's a cute sauce pic of Sally. I'm so glad I was able to capture her tongue sticking out. She does this when she's really excited or focused on something. Too cute. Also in this pic is a rather dilapidated Christmas rope toy that Lenny's mom got Sally last week. It will soon be entering the garbagio because, well, I can't vacuum up any more of these little stringy things and I'm sure by now some have found their way into Sally's tummy.
Well that's all for now. Lenny and I went to a fantastic show of Stuart McLean tonight and it was so excellent. I think I will go blissfully asleep now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment