This weekend was a Great one with lots of friends and new memories :) . On Saturday afternoon Lenny and I met up with Justin, a friend who has lived in Ottawa for the last two years, and some other mutual London friends and went to the London Food and Wine Show. This was Lenny and my's third year going and I think this was by far the best one yet. We went much earlier than previous years and started at about 4:00 which meant you could actually move around and all the vendors actually had food and wine left; awesome! We had some fantastic fantastic wines, a really great pear cognac, a phenomenal honey waffle, delicious local cheeses and meats, and various desserts. Continuing in the fun, everyone came back here afterwards and played a funny board game called Apples to Apples. This morning, we had blueberry pancakes (Thank You Lenny!), turkey bacon, and hash browns.
Today for dinner I made the broccoli soup from the Milk Calendar. It turned out pretty well and we have enough left overs for about 25 people, so if you're in the area and want to try some...
Here's a picture to inspire you:
This weekend was pretty bad for Sally in that she probably peed half a dozen times. Poor kid just doesn't like being too out of routine and having too many visitors over. It's been pretty frustrating and I think I will make an appointment with our vet to see if he has any suggestions and just to make sure it's not a health problem. It's been comforting to hear that this isn't a new problem to us (I just learned this today from her original rescuer), but I wish she felt more secure here. Time will help too I'm sure.
Well back to some cuddles and the Golden Globes!
1 comment:
Yup, that soup looks mighty tasty! Sorry to hear the pup is stressed out! I hope that's all it is, and not a medical thing.
Post a Comment