Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Picture Update

So here's the Christmas picture-recap I've been promising.

Christmas Day dinner was at Lenny's Aunt & Uncle's place. There were approximately 20 of us there. I thought I'd show some pics of what a Christmas Day Italian-Canadian style looks like:

Sally sitting laying down under the family Christmas tree. We brought her bed to chill on and sure enough she slept for a good portion of it. Too bad that later in the evening she took the live tree as an excellent place to empty her bladder...... Ah Christmas memories!


The table all set-up with the antipasto.

A close-up of the antipasto: delicious olives, prosciutto (sliced ham), bocconcini (soft cheese balls), and a bread stick.

Primo (first course): Nonna's mannicotti-filled pasta shells. 

Il secondo (second/main course): mashed potatoes, peas, another type of ham... the name is escaping me right now, and turkina (flattened turkey that is wrapped around with layers of stuffing in between).

After this, there was also a veggie/fruit tray, but I was getting too full and did not take pictures ;)

Lastly, we had dessert. There were a lot of desserts to choose from including the above (and below) Candy Cane Cheesecake that I made with a recipe from my mom.

Delicious!

Now I didn't take the above pic, but there was also a Bindi cake. These cakes are flown in from Italy to Toronto and are quite something :)



The last pic I'm putting up showcases Lenny's Aunt & Uncle's dog, Sophie, who was much better behaved than Sally that evening. He she is posing with one of the fruit bowls. She sits atop Matt's lap (Matthew being one of Lenny's cousins), with Aunti Pina to her right (Lenny's Aunt's sister... I think...).

I wanted a family pic for the books. This was taken at Lenny's family's house. Note Sally's jingle bell anklets courtesy of his mom ;)

Sally has rested a lot since we got back from our Christmas travels. Here she is napping with her new favourite toy - a green squeaky happy face that she tears to shreds (although miraculously, nothing has torn off of it yet).

The last pic is from Lenny's maiden voyage with the Kitchen Aid mixer. He made the most delicious foccacia bread now that we have something that can handle mixing bread.

Well that's it for now. Time to get some dinner!

No comments: