Today was one of the more productive days I've had in a looooooooooooooooooong time. I woke up this morning well rested and with plenty of time to make a good breakfast (turkey bacon and pancakes), get my bassoon and Sally's crate all packed up, and hit the road for a 10 am rehearsal in Stratford. Thanks to the major construction detour around St. Mary's now being complete, I was able to make it there by 9:10. Nice! Sally and I made a quick walk around town for half an hour before me crating her in the car and heading into the rehearsal.
The rehearsal went well. It was all baroque organ concerti so the bassoon parts were super sparse and therefore wonderful. There were some delicious cheesecake ball creations at the break for a snack annnnnnnd to top it all off, we finished an hour early. Saweet! I took Sally for another jaunt around the neighbourhood before we packed up and headed back to London. Because I was free until 2:30 and we got back around 1, I decided to take her to the dog park before a bit to wear out some nervous energy. We ended up staying in the small dog park area because the big dog park area was Super muddy. She made friends with one of my former professor's dogs and then played and boxed for a while. It was pretty cute.
After taking Sally home and cleaning her up, I left to meet up with Tamara and head out to the London Christmas Craft Show. This was my fourth year in a row attending and it did not disappoint! I picked up some OMG-DELICIOUS Mennonite cookies (for the fourth year in a row), some kangaroo and bison beef sticks for Lenny, some coffee candles for both of us, and some Christmas gifts. I was very grateful that Tamara was able to come -- these things are so much better when you have someone to share how cool some things are!
After the show, we headed back to the house to play with Sally. We took her over to the park behind the house to play fetch and ended up meeting our next door neighbour and their dog for the first time. Holstein is the exact mirror opposite as Sally in colour -- it's pretty neat actually! They were out with a whole pack of puppies (!) and were about to adopt one of them as a companion for Holstein. Hopefully we can all go back sometime for a play date. On a separate note, while playing fetch, Sally saw a squirrel and ran through the creek and up the entire embankment on the West side of the park -- it's almost a 90 degree hill that's like 50 feet high! Time for sponge bath number two of the day!
Tonight was also pretty successful: I did two loads of laundry, a mega load of dishes, and completed a mail in rebate for $7 free dollars. Woot! I think after watching some Holmes on Homes and perhaps some knitting, it will be an early night for us here. Works out well though because Sally has a dog park date with her former foster dog friends tomorrow morning at 9 am. Let's hope it's significantly less muddy!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment