Today I committed a doggie owner faux paw (ha!): I took Sally to the dog park three times. Once is really enough, but the first time I was waiting for an important phone call only to realize 5 minutes in, that I didn't have my phone with me. The second trip was much longer but waaaaaaay muddier than anticipated. The third time was later in the day after I'd had her cooped up in the car for a 30 minute trip and felt bad.
She has been playing super well at the dog park these past few days: initiating chases with dogs bigger than her, teaching non-sociable ugly dogs how to box and play, and somersaulting with a few puppies and showing them how to grind their backs into mud puddles. I've also met some really nice and interesting people and have really appreciated having different people to talk to.
Tomorrow Lenny comes home after one of our longer times apart -- a whole week + a day! I'm excited to show him Sally's new tricks, watch him devour a crate of clementines I bought for his return, and see the beautiful flowers he sent to me in person.
No comments:
Post a Comment