Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas time!

Today I started wrapping all the gifts for our families; SO exciting. I did it a lot more rushed than usual, but am looking forward to "tweaking" things as the last few weeks roll by.

I had these beautiful Christmas flowers for inspiration this year. Lenny sent them to me last week while he was in Denver for a conference, but I couldn't post a picture until now because he had the camera with him. 


Sally's cuteness still hasn't worn off yet. We graduated obedience class on Monday evening and I have to say, she is a super-great dog. She will come when called about 80% of the time, has only peed in the house once in the last two weeks, and knows some basic commands: sit, lie down (about 50% of the time), roll over, leave it, and my favourite - come! We're still working on "stay" but that's a hard one for her because she's glued to me at all times. We were particularly pleased with ourselves today when I opened the car door to put Sally in the back and was met by a tiny field mouse (AH!). Thankfully, for me, it was half frozen (probably got in the night before) and wasn't moving so Sally only had a quick sniff and left it as commanded. Certainly made for an interesting story to share at the dog park today!

Here are two "faces" of Sally, as shot by Lenny today.
Sitting and waiting for a reward or another command.

Freakin' excited when she realizes that the reward is food.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to make some of my grandmother's Christmas recipes. Will let you know how it goes!

No comments: