Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Point-by-point

So the two cups of espresso haven't quite kicked in yet, so here's a point-by-point update for the happenings of the past few days:


  • I got a part-time job selling clothing at our local mall. The down side is that the only two shifts I was scheduled to work this week have been cancelled so that makes for another boring week.
  • I have started volunteering for a Day Care Centre; not helping with the kids, but helping rewrite their HR policies. It's just volunteering but it's taking up oodles of time and I'm earning a good reputation with the lady I work for. Hopefully her connections might help out in the future.
  • Sally played with several large dogs at the dog park today. She's always been very timid around bigger dogs, but is really starting to open up after daily trips to the dog park. She ran her little heart out for about 45 min of the hour we were at the park this morning and is completely zonked out on the couch right now. I've also started making friends with two other ladies that are always there around the same time as me: a Masters of Psychology student originally from Poland, and a fellow unemployed person. It's nice to have people to chat with and the dogs play so well together.
  • In the mornings if I don't wake up around the usual 7:30 (or I go back to bed), Sally will start to bring me stuff from around the house and put it on the bed as if to entice me out of bed to crate her for being bad. :P . This morning she opened a door (?!) and got into a present I bought for Paula & Mike's new dog this weekend at the craft fair. There's still enough left that it'll be ok, but man, come on Sally!!
  • Meet Tobi, Paula & Mike's new pup as of this evening!

  • What a cute ball of fur he is! I can't wait to see him and Sally have a play date :) And what a wonderful Christmas time gift for them. 
  • Rehearsals with the Stratford Symphony have been so easy peasy that I've started to relax a lot more and chat with some of the musicians. I think it also helps that there are no winds (well two oboes + myself) in these pieces so I'm having the opportunity to socialize with different people. I'm starting to feel a bit more like part of the group and am even considering staying on through the spring even though I initially only committed through until December.
  • Today's the first day the snow has really stayed on the ground. Sally likes to eat it; I like to slip and slide all over it and the driveway. I really ought to buy some dress shoes that have some more traction to them.
  • There are way less dishes when only one person is eating and cooking. It's kind of crazy how tidy the house is. Eerily quiet though too. Every morning Sally's been looking for Lenny. Only 3 more sleeps though until he returns from his Cell Biology conference in Denver.
Well I think that's it for now. Off to um........ not sure... I'll figure out something to do.

No comments: