Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nothing Much

Well there's nothing much too new to report. From the looks of it I'm not the only one though as all of the blogs I follow seem to be pretty quiet lately. Perhaps it's this lovely weather we've been having...

I've seen a dietitian since I wrote last to chat about the Oral Allergy Symptom diagnosis.  I learned that the most likely nutrients I'll be lacking are potassium, Vitamin C, and iron. We went over a bunch of foods that I can still eat to get those nutrients so yay fun. One thing that both Lenny, who tagged along for moral support, learned was that if you cook spinach, it makes the iron absorption from it significantly easier. I would have thought it was the other way around as with most fruits and veg, but apparently not spinach. I will see her again in a week's time to see how adding another 500 calories/day assists with general mood and feeling better physically and things like that.

Last night I went to my first triathlon club get together in a while. We did a swim/bike combo and it actually went really well. I was in a great mood at the end of it and got an incredible 2-hour workout in there. It was also nice to have two other newbies to train with. In fact nice is an understatement. God help me for every time I go to exercise and watch every other person there be capable of about 1000x as much as me...

I'm thinking about becoming a foster parent for a dog. Everytime I'm checking out kijiji lately, I've been seeing this ad -- http://london.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-FOSTER-HOMES-NEEDED-W0QQAdIdZ303113510 -- that is put up by the Humane Society. I think it might be a good first step to see if we're really ready for a dog without having to make such a multi-year commitment. There are so many pros and cons that I'm not really sure what I'll end up doing, but if you feel strongly either way, please feel free to share your thoughts.

Well that's it I think for now. It was a pretty quiet birthday yesterday with work during the day and the tri group at night. Lenny and I did go out for ice cream after and I did get to chat with my mom and sister Paula. Talk to y'all later when I think of something else interesting to write about.

No comments: