The web-site is coming along but we seem to have hit a few road-bumps by way of gaining access to the server. There are many problems here:
- The physical servers are being moved to the new building so they're down
- No one (that's not on holidays) seems to know where exactly on the physical servers our site actually exists
- I'm not on a "cluster"; to be on a cluster I have to complete a form, get it signed, have it processed (could take upwards of a week plus b/c ITS is moving), and then have someone come to visit (on a Tues or Thurs only) and add it to my computer... we cannot upload web-pages until I'm on the cluster and Sept 1 is really not that many weeks/Tues/Thursdays away from now...
Fun times eh? I'm still quite confident it will all work out. Our ITS & Chief Designer people are really great so therefore it will all work out right?
Ok, well I think it is time for me to stop thinking about this. Ciao for now
No comments:
Post a Comment