Work is going quite well; I really enjoy having something to do and I think my co-workers are finding it extremely helpful to have me around. The new music web-site I'm designing (launching Sept 1), is going to be a significant improvement I think. Planning is also underway for a large fancy dinner I'm helping organize. The other day I had to go around to the different printing companies on campus and get quotes for 3500 wedding-style invitations. The looks on the people's faces when I handed in my "order form" for 3500 wedding invitations was quite awesome.
Speaking of awesome, the other day (Tues?) when I was walking home from work, I was quite alarmed to see a firetruck and a Gas Services truck outside my apartment building; turns out someone had driven into the metres, dislodging the main lines allowing for gas to pour out. To add to the sketchiness, no one reported it for about four hours (or so the gas people were estimating). WHO RUPTURES A GAS LINE AND DOESN'T REPORT IT FOR FOUR HOURS! It was fixed by the next morning when I went to take a shower so I wasn't inconvenienced by it too much, but sheesh, this could have been a lot worse.
I'm preparing for an SCO concert this Friday that is all Beatles music. It is going to be so awesome! I love Beatles music so much. Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion that I don't love it enough because I definitely need to sign some CDs out of the library to hear what some of these songs sound like :-/
Okie dokes, well I'm going to get back to setting things up in my office; I've decided that I'm actually going to try and make it look like someone actually works here, rather than having a desk with nothing on it...
No comments:
Post a Comment