- I like my office. I like that it is air conditioned, particularly on warm days like today. I like that it has natural light -- a real rarity as far as my past work experiences go. I like the people I work with and they seem to like me -- does this ever happen? I like that I feel useful and that I'm making money. I like that I'm not playing bassoon very much right now. I like that I don't feel guilty for not practicing.
- I liked this article about horns & horn players. I generally don't like reading, but I enjoy writing that has a good sense of wit about it. The Angry Organist's posts keep me quite entertained for this reason.
- I actually like the web-site I helped build / am the current co-webmaster of. I find it so surprising that it was quite simple. In a sense I'm glad the standards were so low (the last site was t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e) so that literally any small thing I did to improve it was met with huge accolades.
- I like that there are people in town again. I am confused it as well though in that I haven't talked to some of these people in nearly five months. Sometimes I would try and get in touch with people over the summer and they would never get back. Sometimes the roles were reversed and I just let e-mails sit un-replied in my inbox. What to do, what to do. September is such an awkward time. It's a good time to start things new whether that's rekindling an old friendship or moving on from one that's been non-existant for five months and was never the greatest of things in the first place. I over think things I know. It's what I do best. It's why they pay me.
I don't know what to do tonight. It's my last night with the place to myself but I don't really feel like hanging out by myself. Thus the school-year struggle begins; I have muchos time on my hands whilst everyone else is gearing up hard core for auditions, teaching (gasp! I am getting ollllllllld), course selections, visiting everyone else who just move back, etc. Hmmmmm. Something more to think about.
No comments:
Post a Comment