Monday, July 14, 2008

Your advice is most welcome

Next on the agenda for me is planning things to do once I'm in Edmonton. I'm taking any and all suggestions here. So far people have told me to look into:

  • Shakespeare in the Park
  • The Westmount Science Centre
  • The Provincial Museum
  • Fort Edmonton Park
  • The West Edmonton Mall (well duh!)
It should be tonnes of fun :)

This morning I attempted to get glue (kind of like super-glue or clear contact cement) off of my bedroom wall so that when the painters come they don't just paint over it. Unfortunately nothing I have tried has worked. This includes nail polish remover, soya oil, a hairdryer, sand paper, and creativity with a knife. Again, recommendations are most welcome. Perhaps I should try paint thinner?

The Western-Needs-A-Hall saga is coming to a close. You can visit this news article for more information. I am so excited for this. It seems somewhat surreal.

This afternoon I'm working at the corner store for the first time in six or seven weeks. I'm *really* looking forward to earning some extra spending money but I'm not looking forward to the heat -- apparently the air conditioning is not working and it sometimes gets upwards of 40 degrees in the store... groooooooooosssssss.

Well I'm off to have fun in every students' favourite place, the registrar's office: the "weakest link" of the school's administration where the average student wait-time, in the summer, is 45min to be seen (for which you have to stand up in yet another non-air conditioned space). Yippee! At least I should get some free money at the end of this visit.

No comments: