Well now those 200+ stairs have been replaced by a 15-minute walk to the library, a much preferred physical activity even if it is 26 degrees out. I've slowly settled into my new apartment and am excited for what the next few months have to come, including:
- A trip to visit my friends in Alberta July 17-23... I've never been out West/seen mountains/been hiking since I was 13... I am very excited and grateful for my Alberta friends who are taking the time to show me their stomping grounds :)
- Working a full-time job at the music faculty. I am still somewhat shocked that I've walked into this wonderful job so quickly.
- Settling into a non-ghetto apartment. I went for a run last night in my new neighbourhood to find wonderful, beautiful homes and even, *gasp, a woodwind quintet rehearsing! Exciting times we're living in my friends, exciting times :)
- Practicing with relatively little deadlines in sight. I have never done this for an extended period of time on bassoon. I'm really excited to fart around :)
I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone again and hearing your stories. Don't hesitate to call me (my new phone number is my cell phone number... if you don't have that, just e-mail me); I really like talking! This weekend, I'm totally free as well, if anyone wants to get together for a meal.
'Til next-time.
No comments:
Post a Comment