Yesterday, Lenny, Vanessa, and I went to a bridal website blow out sale and a bridal show in town. I managed to get the address for both wrong so the day didn't get off to that great of a start. The website sale had a lot of interesting things, but nothing that really interested us.
The bridal show was more fun. I gave away my personal information like it was a job so hopefully we win some sort of prize lol! I'm not really sure how to summarize all that we saw because there was just so much going on. I guess I'll try and summarize by topic:
Dresses - We didn't see any really that I was very interested in. A lot of them have very tight bodices and then fluffy tissue paper-like bottoms. The fashion show was quite funny to watch because it was all amateur models. Some of the ladies almost fell on their face. Some of the guys walked like they had a huge wedgie. It was fun :)
Cakes - I didn't try it, but both Lenny and Vanessa had a sample of this one new cake company in town and neither of them could even finish their sample because it was so bad.
Venues - We were able to meet with quite a few venue options some of which I've been emailing with for a little while. It was helpful to finally get some numbers from many of them and have been able to rule some out. We now have a list of 6 that are within our budget that look fairly nice. Our plan is to visit them all before Christmas comes.
Photography - Neither of us had ever seen a photo book before but they were everywhere! A photo book is different than a photo album because the photos are printed right on to a book page and then bound like a traditional book. We found photographers that ranged in price from $1000 minimum - $4000 minimum. It's a tad frustrating though that I have difficulties identifying which photographers are more expensive versus not.
That's pretty much it for highlights from the show. Today's plan is to take Sally on a long walk and visit some stores in the mall. Time to go get dressed!
No comments:
Post a Comment