Saturday, June 2, 2012

End of May happenings

Lenny has been working 60+ hour weeks lately so I've had to fill my time with solo activities more than usual. One thing I've been a bit better at in the last few weeks is meal planning and trying out new recipes.

The biggest success was these lasagna rolls from a Rose Reisman cookbook that Lenny's mom bought us a few years back. The recipes in this cookbook have never disappointed. I really like them.

Delicious stuffed lasagna sheets. The stuffing includes ricotta, spinach, mushrooms, and parmasean amongst other tasty things.

Aside from cooking, I've also been decorating a bit more. I was able to sell our old girly chrome fruit bowl on kijiji and get a metal one from Home Sense in exchange to go with our black iron accents in the kitchen.
Out with the old...

And in with the new! Excuse the overripe bananas... I haven't been eating a whole lot of raw fruit these days to help keep my allergies in check.

And then while at Home Sense, *ahem, I found some work sandals calling my name. Now all I need to do is paint my toe nails for the first time this season :)

This last pic is a pretty awesome one. While I was in the kitchen making the lasagna rolls, I gave Sally an ice cube to chew because it was sooooo hot. I heard a lot of crunching but just attributed it to the ice cube. After I was at a stopping stage and the chewing was still going on, I went to the living room to take a look at her and low and behold she had found a highlighter to chew on!

Sally's do-it-yourself summer highlights.

Well there ya go; a week or so in snapshots. Hopefully there'll be some more tales to share soon enough!

No comments: