Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Events

Today in celebration of Mother's Day, I celebrated by calling the mommies in our life and then pulling a mommy makeover to our kitchen and patio area.

Lenny was an Excellent help going through all of the cupboards and picking out food we haven't eaten in the three years we've been here (mostly tea and other things inherited from old roommates) and appliances/containers that are no longer in use. The hardest thing to get rid of was probably our blender. I have loooved this blender, but sometime last summer I was blending and one of the grommets wasn't on properly and got shredded. Since that time we (ok mostly Lenny) have been searching for a replacement one to no avail. A $40-ish blender just toast because of one silly rubber thing. Arg. Thankfully we still have many blending appliances, but man, how annoying to just toss $40 into the garbage.

Sally accompanied me outside this afternoon for a weeding frenzy. There's a lot of overgrown vines and ginormous dandelions that were over maybe two feet tall. An hour or so later, and everything is looking a Lot better. Now when Sally adventures into the side yard, she won't get lost in the weeds. Nice. :)

I need to give many thanks to my mother for teaching me the joy that comes from things being clean and treating what you own with respect. Our home here is a very comforting place and I really think I have my mom to thank for that even though she's never been here! Thanks Mom!

My momma :)

I'll also give a shout out to Lenny's mom for welcoming me into the family and sharing her wonderful son with me. I am incredibly grateful for all of the support and encouragement that she's given both of us over the past few years while we try to find jobs, finish school, learn how to parent a dog, figure out car and home repairs, and provide a relaxing environment to vacation at. Thanks Silvana!

Not the greatest picture of any of us, but this is one from a birthday party they through me last August in Mildmay.

No comments: