Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sicky poo

Not too much to report today. Upon Lenny's urging, I made an appointment with the doctor today. Turns out my illness is bad enough to warrant some antibiotics. Hurrah. The doc also took a swab for further testing and said that I need to wait at least 3 days on the drugs before I go back to work. As long as I get better and don't infect anyone else, that's all that counts.

During my bed rest today, I applied for another job, and spent a lot of time searching through various job boards. Its very slim picking right now though -- so few jobs, and the ones that are there are minimum wage, and non-contract at that. I'm nervous about not being able to find a job in London and about being out of work for any extended period of time once the person I'm filling in for returns.

I've spent a lot of time on Kijiji in the past few days too, and even bought a new living room chair. I've posted our blue sofa bed couch up for sale too, as has been the intention for about 3 months. We never got around to it because we've both been working full-time but I figure now is a perfect opportunity. Hopefully someone picks it up soon as having two sofa beds and a chair in one small living room is a bit much.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to feel up to taking the car in for an oil change and do some vacuuming on the main floor. If I'm still awake and breathing well enough in the evening, I might even go to one of the free Yoga Shack classes. I might still be super sucky at it, but I do appreciate how relaxed I feel afterwards. Tata for now mama!

No comments: