Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lazy Sunday

Today was a really lazy day. Guess I had to make up for all the productiveness of yesterday.

For breakfast, we were really at a loss with no eggs, milk, or coffee... So we went out to Ritchie's -- a favourite London greasy spoon. I had two eggs, two breakfast sausages, two pieces of bacon, a pancake, and 2 1/2 pieces of toast. Not surprisingly this resulted in a food coma and we sleepily went to Loblaws afterwards. Once we got home, I had a *ahem* two hour nap, and then spent the rest of the day laying on the couch trying to figure out  how to wake up.

I eventually did get the energy to make some cookies, vacuum & dust the upstairs, and fold the remnants of yesterday's three loads of laundry. Here's how the cookies turned out:



They ended up morphing into a giant cookie, but broke apart easily enough and were nice and tasty. The pick above also showcases my/Lenny's dear espresso maker... oh what a lovely sight.

This evening Lenny cooked up a storm and made marinated pork tenderloin, potatoes, broccoli, carrots, and cheese sauce. Delicious. Also had some red wine to top everything off. Afterwards we went for a walk around the block and checked out the various crumbling foundations of houses in our neighbourhood -- we are just that cool.

Tonight I spent some time working on the family geneology and then checked out the deals on amazon.ca. This was my favourite one of the whole night:
It is titled 'the little stinker.' Lol.

Well that's it for now. This week I imagine will be crazy busy again, but this weekend we're heading to Toronto for another much needed break. 

No comments: