Sunday, October 3, 2010

The calm after the storm

For the past few days I've been working for Homecoming weekend and MY GOODNESS was it busy. I don't remember ever seeing that many people wanting purple things but throw an extra 15,000 people onto a purple campus and strange things happen.

I'm enjoying some chillaxing time with the help of the beloved tvpc.com, a warm pumpkin pie with whipped cream (Len is THE best sometimes), all while sitting by a nice warm, and now working, gas fire (again, Len is THE best sometimes!). It's certainly nice to be off my feet again, especially with my favourite guy by myside.

This week should be fairly busy. I've got a lot of reading to catch up on for both of my business courses and haven't practised in over a week... I'm trying to find some more pep to put into practising but so far none has been found. Suggestions are welcome. We haven't really done much grocery shopping this weekend but do have a few things to eat through. Hopefully that doesn't add to the stress. My to-do list for the faculty is getting a little ridonculously long; 26 things to be specific. I'm also supposed to get to the pool for some swimming this week -- gottsa cheer myself up by exercising. I'm participating in this exercise/weight loss coaching study that I also have to contact someone for tomorrow. Ugh. So many things. It's really hard to get back into the swing of things after having such a lazy August.

I've decided that I'm going to start setting money aside from every pay check for a trip to Italy this summer. I'm hoping that Len will finish his degree in April with me so that we can spend some time off before jobs start. It'll be nice to meet his dad's parents and also to see the area I hear of so much. I'm looking forward to some delicious food, music, and family times. Hopefully the monies and school and a future job work out well!

Well I think that's about enough for now. I'm going to pay some more attention to the tvpc.com instead of reading for my courses or making a more cohesive to do list for tomorrow. Wish me luck.

No comments: