Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Good day sir!

Sleeeepy Heather. I got a lot of studying done today compared to other days but just can't seem to pull together the brain power to read and learn the last few pages of what I had earmarked to study. Oh well. There's always tomorrow.

Tomorrow I plan on picking up a July bus pass. This will be most exciting as it means I will not have to pay per ride as I am now (although I use tickets which are slightly less than full fare). For a mere $80 or something like that I can ride the bus as many times as I want this month. This will be particularly helpful as I pick up more hours at the Faculty and the store as well as making it back and forth to classes and a cheaper grocery store. It might seem small to those of you that have a vehicle, but I'm excited for the little extra bit of freedom that this will afford while removing the guilt that comes with spending money every time I take the bus... Now taking the bus will be a good thing because I'll be making use of the money I paid upfront.

My apartment is almost in tip top shape. I got the last of things up on the walls that I wanted to put up and am pleased to say that the only thing I have still to find a home for are my stuffed animals. It's been a long time coming but this place is starting to feel like home. It'd be nice if there was someone to share it with but at least I'm enjoying it.

Today is Canada Day. I'm proud to be a Canadian. The more I learn about other countries whether from an economic perspective, from immigrants, from the stories of old, the more I am thankful that I live here. It is rare for me to recall just how lucky I am, but I am truly blessed, starting with the random chance that I was born into a family here in one of the greatest places in the world to live. Thank you to all people that have made this country a great place to be: past and present. Choosing the "nice" road isn't always the easiest but it certainly seems to have paid off in the long run. Here's for hoping the next 100 years are as blessed as the last.

No comments: