Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Evening and weekend projects

I haven't seen my grandpa for over a year or so now, but the last time I saw him we chatted for a while about how he really regretted not knowing more about his family's history. He never knew his mother's father nor did he know where his last name came from. I set out trying to answer these questions for him and really am still not able to answer them concretely, but do have some theories to go on. However, I digress. The search for his family history did bring forth a lot of interesting facts. I've organized them all online through ancestry.ca, but when your grandpa is turning 85, that doesn't really mean much. I'm hoping to go visit him later this month and so tonight I worked on an artistic representation of a bit of what I've found. Here's what it looks like so far:


There's a few options to develop it further, including writing in the children's names in reallllly tiny print and/or making it a little prettier art-wise. We'll see what I come up with, but I'm happy at the very least that I have something to bring now.

This weekend we put together Lenny's new BBQ. Look at how itsy bitsy our old BBQ on the right looks next to the one on the left. Ha!


Lenny got a BBQ, so I bought myself some flowers. I don't remember ever seeing these before and thought they were nice and spring-like.

This is two thirds of our first dinner using the new BBQ. Delicious delicious steak and roasted peppers. Nom nom nom :)

Tonight Sally has really missed Lenny. He was out at a cooking class and she kept wanting to go outside for walks to look for him. We never did find him on the walks, but at least they did wear her out. Here's what she's doing right now: curling into the tightest little ball and resting her favourite antler chew toy on her nose. Probably doesn't get any better than that!

Well that's it for now. Time to clean up after the art project...

No comments: