Lenny got the pleasure of turning 25 this past week. What a lucky guy!
We began celebrations on Sunday with a dinner at Pastos Grill. It was a really tasty Italian restaurant neither of us had ever heard of because it was just outside of town. We were pleasantly surprised by delicious bread, homemade butter, A-mazing bruschetta, pastas, and pizzas. Nom nom nom.
On Tuesday night, Lenny expressed a strong desire for some birthday cake so while I was out grocery shopping, I picked up the ingredients for a vanilla cake as requested. I got the idea to include some cookie baking crumbs while I was icing and, man, that was a Great idea. Lenny loves Oreo anything, and this cake was along those lines. Nom nom nom. :)
All week I had been telling Lenny that I Really wanted to go out for ice cream on his actual birthday (Wednesday). In reality, I had been planning a little surprise shindig at a bowling alley attached to a Dairy Queen nearby. The plan went off without a hitch and he was genuinely surprised to encounter six friends waiting to enjoy bowling and ice cream with him. Mwah hahaha!
It's very difficult for me to keep exciting secrets from Lenny; I get soooooooo excited I just can't contain myself and end up sharing it. I'm glad that this plan was able to remain hidden though; the look on his face was pretty priceless.
Friday afternoon we headed off to his family's in Toronto for their birthday celebration with him. We had yet another amazing meal with his mom & Mark at The Keg on Friday and a lovely get together with all of the extended family on Saturday.
Saturday morning I went with his mom to help with groceries before the party started. We also stopped by the most awesome bakery, St. Phillip's, to pick up a cake that Lenny's mom Silvana had ordered. My first thought when I saw the picture-transfer cake was: "Ah! He's naked! He's going to be so embarrassed!" To which his mom replied: "He's not naked. He's wearing floaties." Lol. A priceless moment of embarrassment was looming; how fun!
Out of respect for Lenny, here he is with the cake in a tastifully cropped version suitable for the Interwebs ;)
Poor Zac (Lenny's brother), had a rougher weekend. On Saturday just before dinner he chopped (well sheared, with garden shears) his fingerpad off of his finger while pruning outside. It looked Quite painful and after 12 hours of continued bleeding, warranted a trip to the ER Sunday morning. Zac's in good spirits and we wish him a speedy recovery for all those upcoming exams...
Well there you have it: some highlights of a week-long birthday celebration for Lenny's quarter-century birthday. He deserves every bit of happiness and I hope that the next 25 are great ones for him filled with more tasty meals, fun celebrations, and well-timed trips to the ER (just kidding about that last one). :)

No comments:
Post a Comment