Friday, May 6, 2011

The Optimist by Laurence Shorter

The Optimist: One Man's Search For The Brighter Side Of Life
I finished this book by Laurence Shorter last night. The beginning and middle presented a lot of really interesting approaches to optimism, but by the end I felt as though I was reading a really bad biography. He was apparently a comedian in a previous life but the British humour wasn't really obvious to me. Still a worthwhile read for many though I think.

Today I did a bit of shopping with my mom (clothes for me and a few books for her) and then I washed the windows. After my sister Paula arrived, we took the pooch out for a walk and then had pizza will the fam. Keely is also home for the weekend which is kind of fun; it's probably the first time all four of us have been home for a non-Christmas/Easter holiday for about 8 years. Talk about an out-of-the-ordinary Mothers' Day present!

No comments: