Blogger has been unavailable due to maintenance for practically an entire day and it was so weird to not be able to share when I wanted to!
Last night Lenny's family all came over and it turned into a surprise happy graduation party for myself and Vanessa, Lenny's brother Zac's girlfriend. Silvana got us a really cute cake with graduating rubber duckies on it as well as some gifts to mark the occasion. I got a necklace with eighth notes on it, and Vanessa got a ruby ring. Lenny's grandmother, Matilda, gave us each a beautiful picture frame for our grad photos.
The preparations for departing this evening have been going well. We've fit everything into the two backpacks that we're borrowing from my sister and her friend Kris, we're underweight by 30 lbs each, and we still have lots of room to put souvenirs in. After finishing the packing this morning we took Dakota out for a good two hour stroll while we did some geocaches in the area. We didn't have much success with that having only found 1 of the 3 we were looking for, but our legs did a big stretch before they'll have to be at rest on the plane for a few hours.
Well I'm off to see if I can upload the rest of the photos on the camera so we have a blank memory card for the beginning of the trip. With any luck I'll be able to upload some from last night!
No comments:
Post a Comment