Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday migraines

Well my trip back home has come and gone. I had a really good visit with my mom, dad, three sisters, and Starsky. Normally we're only all together for a few days around Christmas, so it was kind of nice to have another opportunity to catch up.

Today was a beautiful sun shiny day so after some sleeping in, I decided to unpack the bike and take it for its first spin of the season. Everything was going well until about 20 minutes in when my hands became very pins and needle-y and my legs felt like jello. I dismounted and watched the ducks go by for a while and once my heart rate was back down to normal I turned around and headed back. While I was stretching at home, I developed a pretty intense headache, which is still kicking 8 hours later. I've had post-exercising head aches like this before, but not since last summer. So sad that they have returned. Here's for hoping that eventually I figure out whether its too much water/food/salt, not enough, etc. I was secretly hoping that the daily antihistamines I've been taking for the oral allergy syndrome would help if my problem was an outdoor allergy related one.

Tomorrow I will work at the store for a few hours and Lenny will present his Masters-PhD reclassification presentation (at 1). After that, much celebration and packing will be had as we're planning on heading out on Wednesday to spend some time with his family before heading to Italy.

Well I'm off to find some more stumbleupon finds and finish watching some terrible tv. Ciao ciao!

No comments: